Chinatown Montreal Massage Near Me
Tuina is a non-drug natural therapy in traditional Chinese medicine. It usually refers to the doctor’s hands or other parts of the body, using various methods and strengths such as pushing, holding, pressing, rubbing, kneading, pinching, tapping, and patting to act on the patient’s pain.
Specific parts or meridians and acupoints are used to dredging meridians, activating qi and activating blood, regulating tendons and bones, adjusting viscera functions, and enhancing disease resistance.
Tuina, also known as “massage“, is based on the theory of viscera and meridians of traditional Chinese medicine, combined with the anatomy of western medicine and modern biomechanics, and uses manipulation to act on specific parts of the human body to adjust the physiological and pathological conditions of the body, thereby playing a role in The role of disease prevention.
Massage has a profound history in my country and is accepted by the general public. Over the past thousands of years, this medical technology has been continuously developed, showing its unique charm.
Tuina（Massage） is the “veteran medical technique”
The origin of massage, sprouts from the instinctive self-protection of human beings. In primitive society, human beings have been working hard and hard for a long time, coupled with rough diet and poor clothing, injuries and illnesses often occur. People instinctively touch and slap the injured part and its surroundings with their hands, “pressing to stop bleeding, rubbing to reduce swelling and relieve pain”.
When the pain is relieved by this kind of touching and beating, human beings continue to accumulate experience from it, and gradually develop from a spontaneous instinctive behavior to a conscious medical behavior. After continuous summarization and improvement in the treatment practice, the massage technique is finally formed.
In the pre-Qin period, Bian Que, a genius doctor, rescued the crown prince of the Guo Kingdom. Everyone is familiar with the story. One of the most important methods is the use of massage. During the Qin and Han Dynasties, my country’s first massage monograph “Huangdi Qibo Massage” was written into a book. During the Sui and Tang Dynasties, massage was included in the formal subject of medical education. Among the four medical departments set up by the Imperial Physician Office of the Tang Dynasty, there was a massage department. In the departments of internal medicine, surgery, gynecology, and pediatrics, for example, the Song Dynasty used massage to induce labor, and the Ming Dynasty formed a unique system of pediatric massage.
Tuina（Massage） master is in “Tong、Shun、Tiao”
Traditional Chinese medicine believes that various pathogenic factors can lead to obstruction of the meridians, resulting in poor circulation of qi and blood, “no flow, pain”, and induce various diseases.
TCM massage techniques can achieve “unblocking” by relaxing the meridians and dredging collaterals, “smooth” by regulating tendons, and “adjusting” by affecting the functions of the zang-fu organs. The principles of massage can be summed up as dredging the meridians, activating qi and activating blood, regulating tendons, smoothing joints, adjusting viscera functions, and enhancing disease resistance.
Unblock the meridians, activate qi and activate blood.
Traditional Chinese medicine believes that the disharmony of qi and blood and the invasion of foreign pathogens will lead to the obstruction of the meridians and collaterals, which will lead to pain, such as “air conditioning disease”, “confinement disease”, and muscle aches in the whole body. By tuina acting on the meridians and acupoints, it can clear the meridians, activate qi and activate blood, dispel cold and relieve pain. The first is the physical stimulation of the body surface by massage, which promotes the movement of qi and blood, and secondly, the massage technique has a thermal effect, which accelerates the flow of qi and blood. Press it, the heat will arrive, and the pain will stop when the heat arrives.
Manage tendons and restore, smooth joints.
Muscles, bones and joints are important parts of the human body. Common people often say that “the waist is flashing”, “the arm is dislocated”, “the tendons are pinned”, etc., including the “stiff neck” we often say, are the positions of the muscles, bones and joints. Not causing pain. Tuina has significant curative effect on common neck, shoulder, waist and leg pain diseases. It can be said to have “immediate results” for some neck, shoulder, waist and leg pain, because massage can correct tendons and bones through the direct mechanical effect of bone-setting manipulation. Wrong stitching can also play a role in loosening adhesions, thereby making the joints smooth and free of movement.
Adjust the function of viscera and enhance disease resistance.
We all know the location of the navel. The Shenque acupoint in traditional Chinese medicine is located in the center of the navel. This acupoint has an important role in health care and treatment. Massage centered on Shenque can promote gastrointestinal motility, promote body function adjustment, and enhance disease resistance. ,
It can improve diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, etc. It also has good effect on gynecological dysmenorrhea and irregular menstruation. Pediatric diseases, especially diseases such as infantile diarrhea and infantile cough, are mostly mediated by meridians and collaterals to adjust the function of the five internal organs, thereby enhancing disease resistance.
It is advisable to massage every 20 minutes
- Avoid being too full, too hungry, too tired or not sleeping well. If you eat too much, the blood supply of the gastrointestinal tract will increase. At this time, massage will cause a large amount of blood to concentrate on the body surface, resulting in insufficient blood supply to the gastrointestinal tract, causing symptoms such as indigestion. It is recommended to massage again 1 hour after meals. In the case of excessive hunger, exhaustion or poor sleep quality, due to low blood sugar and poor systemic qi and blood supply, a “dizzy push” situation similar to acupuncture may occur during the massage process.
- Avoid during menstrual period or pregnancy. During menstruation or pregnancy, it is usually not recommended to perform massage operations on the waist and pelvis, so as not to stimulate the uterus, affect the normal menstrual physiological process or affect the pregnant woman and the fetus.
- Massage time is not as long as possible, 20 minutes each time is appropriate.
- When there is sweating after massage, you should pay attention to shelter from the wind to avoid catching a cold.
- Treat illness early. Due to the changes in the way of life and work, more and more patients with neck and shoulder pain and low back pain are getting younger and younger. Don’t wait until the pain and numbness are unbearable to treat this type of disease.
- Massage is not a simple kneading, and must be treated by a professionally qualified massage therapist. In recent years, medical accidents such as fractures have occurred frequently due to massage, so we must not be greedy for cheapness or convenience.
- Massage is not the heavier the better. Some friends think that the “comfortable, uncomfortable” approach is effective. This kind of understanding is one-sided. The correct approach should be gentle, powerful, permeable, stable, and lasting. Frequent use of heavy maneuvers will cause the local muscles to become more and more stiff. In addition, if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, etc., it will also cause the onset or aggravation of these diseases due to excessive strength.