Neck massage near me in Canada Montreal
Relaxation massage is a full-body treatment with soft music, and aromatherapy essential oils. that will use all kinds of massage techniques, including long strokes, gentle kneading and rolling of skin and muscle, and perhaps some rhythmic rocking from side to side.
Massage is very helpful for treating diseases and relieving fatigue. The effect of massage is different for different parts of the body. So, how to massage the neck? What should I pay attention to in neck massage? What are the taboos of cervical spine massage? Let’s find out with Xiaobian.
How to massage the neck
How to hold
Use the thumb and the index and middle fingers, or use the thumb and the other four fingers to exert relative force, and pinch and lift one tight and one loose on certain parts and acupoints, which is called the holding method. The strength should be light to heavy, continuous and rhythmic, moderate and consistent, and the contact point should be on the fingertips rather than on the fingertips, and the wrist should be relaxed.
Function: It has the functions of dispelling wind and cold, relaxing tendons and collaterals, relieving spasm, eliminating muscle soreness and mental fatigue: it is widely used in cervical spine massage.
Use the thumb and the index and middle fingers, or use the thumb and the other four fingers to squeeze the skin relatively hard, called the pinching method, and the force should be uniform and rhythmic.
Function: It has the functions of relaxing tendons and collaterals, activating qi and promoting blood circulation, and regulating the spleen and stomach.
According to the law
Press the body surface with fingers, palms, elbows, etc., which is called pressing method. The force should be from light to heavy, steady and continuous, straight down, and violence should not be used. The focus point should be fixed.
Function: Press method is a strong stimulating method, which has the functions of sedating and relieving pain, opening and blocking, and relaxing muscles.
Take the ribbed surface or partial peak of the thumb finger end as the focus point. One-finger meditation method forearm swings actively, driving wrist swing and thumb joint flexion and extension activities, which is called one-finger meditation push method. The shoulders, elbows, wrists, and finger joints must be naturally relaxed, and the thumbs must be attached to the skin without rubbing or jumping. The power is uniform and deep, and a certain pressure, frequency and swing range are maintained, and the frequency is 120 to 160 times per minute.
Function: This method has the functions of reconciling ying and wei, promoting qi and promoting blood circulation, strengthening the spleen and stomach, and regulating the functions of the zang-fu organs.
A natural swing of the forearm and wrist. The kneading method applies pressure to a certain part or acupoint through the fingers, thenar, palm and other parts, which is called the kneading method.
Function: It has the functions of relaxing tendons and collaterals, promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis, eliminating accumulation and stagnation, relieving muscle spasm and softening scars.
6, the method
The flexion and extension movement of the wrist joint and the rotation movement of the forearm drive the empty fist to roll. In the cervical vertebra massage, there are two types: the side palm method and the clenched fist method. Side palm method: The shoulder, elbow, and wrist joints are naturally relaxed, and the back of the metacarpophalangeal joint of the little finger is the focus point. The suction is fixed on the treatment site, it should not be dragged and jumped, and a certain pressure, frequency and swing range should be maintained.
What to pay attention to in neck massage
People with “three highs” should not massage the neck
The neck is an important part of the human body. There are many nerves and blood vessels leading to the brain. One of the very important blood vessels is the internal carotid artery, which supplies most of the blood needed by the brain tissue. Many elderly people have atherosclerosis or calcification in this blood vessel in the neck due to vascular diseases such as hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
Careful neck massage if you have cervical spondylosis
Especially in the acute attack of cervical spondylosis, neck massage, massage, and traction will aggravate the inflammation and edema of the nerve root, increase the pain, and worsen the condition. Therefore, if you feel discomfort in the cervical spine, do not make your own claim to massage first, you should go to a regular hospital for diagnosis as soon as possible, and then determine the treatment plan. Those suitable for massage and massage therapy should also be carried out in professional medical institutions.
People with osteoporosis should not massage the neck
Most of the elderly have a certain degree of osteoporosis, and the bones become brittle. If the massage force is too strong, accidents are prone to occur. Therefore, the elderly should massage with caution, and the time should not exceed half an hour.
Contraindications for cervical massage
- The massage treatment of cervical spondylosis should choose the appropriate massage technique according to the condition. Improper manipulation may bring great harm. Especially in patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy, a clear diagnosis should be made before massage therapy, and the massage reaction should be closely observed.
- The size of the stimulation of the massage technique is appropriate for each person, not the bigger the better. Because most of the patients with cervical spondylosis are middle-aged and elderly people with weak constitution. In manual therapy, attention should be paid to gender and age differences. For example, males are physically strong and have strong tolerance, and the technique should be slightly heavier. For women with weak physique and poor tolerance, the technique should be lighter.
- For patients with dislocation of cervical vertebrae and joints, manual restoration should be more light and accurate.
- During the treatment, pay attention to the change of the patient’s pulse and the strength of the breathing. Once the patient has an uncomfortable reaction, the manipulation should be stopped immediately and positive measures should be taken.
- There are many treatment methods for cervical spondylosis. Tuina massage is a common method for the treatment of cervical spondylosis. Local muscle spasm can be relieved by tuina massage. Improve local blood circulation, strengthen the strength of neck muscles, and achieve the purpose of relieving symptoms. However, for cervical spondylosis myelopathy and esophageal cervical spondylosis, massage can not achieve the purpose of treatment. On the contrary, if the manipulation is too heavy, it can also be cured. exacerbate existing symptoms.
Conclusion: There are a lot of massage methods for the neck. If you are interested, you may try the methods mentioned in the editor’s article. However, it should be noted that friends with cervical spondylosis, people with three highs and osteoporosis should pay attention to some massage techniques and an understanding of whether it is suitable for neck massage to avoid physical discomfort.