If you are not new to massage Montreal, you must have heard about Swedish massage therapy frequently. But what exactly is swedish massage therapy? And how is it different from relaxation massage? Want to know the difference between both massages? Continue reading for Relaxation Massage Vs Swedish Massage.
What are relaxation massage and swedish massage?
Swedish massage includes light and soft rhythmic or tapping and long strokes on muscles. It also includes kneading on the body. This mainly focuses on the upper layers of muscles and passive movement of joints. This will energize your body and make you relaxed. Use this to relieve tension from your body and pain from an injury.
Originally the term Swedish massage was introduced into United States. Swedish massage usually has these strokes;
- Petrissage: kneading and lifting of muscles. Slow, soft and light strokes for relaxation and fast-deep pressure for improved circulation.
- Effleurage: Long gliding strokes, slow or fast based on intention ( relaxation / circulation )
- Friction: Specific and more intended rubbing motion, deeper pressure to release tension and adhesion from muscle tissues.
- Tapotement: Strokes that will effect muscle tissues and remove the broken tissues
- Vibration: Vibrating movement on specific muscles.
Relaxation massage as the name indicates is intended for relaxation and tension release from body and muscles. It recharges your body and makes you ready for daily work challenges. It involves kneading and light strokes at the pressure of your choice. Visit our Relaxation Massage Spa and treat your precious body with a full body relaxation massage.
Difference between relaxation massage and swedish massage: relaxation massage vs swedish massage
Relaxation massage and Swedish massage are both different types of massage therapy.
Uses the Swedish techniques and effleurage as well. Relaxation massage is soft, smooth and gentle. It has following benefits for you;
- Promotes general relaxation, relieve muscular tension after a busy or hectic day.
- This therapy Increases blood flow and improves blood circulation.
- It also Helps eliminate stress and reduce pain
- It will leave you better relaxed and relieved
This is also referred as relaxation massage as this can also be used for relaxation purpose. This includes light, soft tapping and rhythmic strokes. Swedish Massage Montreal offers you the best Swedish massage to reduce stress to relieve the pain and get a healthy body.
- Reduces stress to provide full relaxation
- Involves kneading, deep, circular motion, vibration and tapping long strokes
- Strokes are applied in heart’s direction
- It involves passive joint movement as well
What people are suitable for the massage therapy?
Swedish massage is good for you if you are new to massage and this is your first experience ever. It is also suitable for those who have had a busy month or a week. It reduces stress releases the tension and allows your muscles to relax. It’s a good choice if you have a injury pain or headache or immoveable or painful muscles.
Relaxation massage, however, can be taken by anyone for purpose of relaxation. It uses light pressure strokes. But if this pressure is not enough for you then go for other massage types like Swedish massage. This light pressure is good enough for many people who have soft skin and delicate body. It is a good choice for daily or weekly massage to get over the everyday stress and to recharge yourself.
Hope this Relaxation massage vs Swedish massage guide was helpful for you. It is important to choose the right kind of massage treatment for complete satisfaction.
Want to book an online reservation, please visit: https://massagefang.ca/reservation/
Know more about our massage servcie here: https://massagefang.ca/services/